Our Promise to You
At Fleggi, we value your privacy above anything else. We create and construct the services and products you know and love with your privacy in mind, so you can fully trust them and focus on making meaningful relationships.
We value your faith in us when you entrust us with your personal information, and we do not take this lightly.
Our dedication to maintaining your privacy. All of our products and services are created with your privacy in mind. To ensure that our decisions are made with the utmost respect for your privacy, we consult specialists in a variety of sectors, including legal, security, engineering, product design, and others.
Security is important to us. We have teams devoted to ensuring the safety and security of your information. To ensure the security of your information, we regularly update our security processes and invest in our security efforts.
We appreciate your faith in us with your personal information, and we plan to preserve it. This begins with ensuring that you understand the information we gather, why we collect it, how we use it, and your privacy choices. This Policy explains our privacy policies in simple terms, avoiding legal and technical jargon.
- The Data We Collect
Without some information about you, such as basic profile details and the types of individuals you’d like to meet, we can’t help you make significant connections. We also collect information regarding your use of our services, such as access logs, as well as information from third parties, such as when you use your social media account to access our services or when you use your social media account to complete your profile. We go into further detail below if you want more information.
You provide us with information.
When you use our services, you have the option of providing us with specific information. This includes the following:
- When you establish an account, you must give us with at least your phone number and email address, as well as other basic information about yourself, such as your gender and date of birth, that is required for the service to function.
- When you finish your profile, you may add more facts about yourself, such as your bio, interests, and other personal information, as well as multimedia like images and videos. You may provide us access to your camera or photo album in order to add particular content, such as images or videos.
- When you pay for a paid service or make a purchase directly from us (rather than through a platform), we collect information about you.
- You provide us your insights on our products and services, comments to our questions, and testimonials when you engage in surveys, focus groups, or market studies.
- We gather the information you use to register or enter our promotions, events, and contests when you choose to participate.
- We collect the information you give us throughout your engagement with our customer service team.
- We process information about other individuals on your behalf in order to complete your request if you share information about other people with us (for example, if you utilize a friend’s contact information for a certain function).
- Of course, we also process your interactions with other members, as well as the information you submit, in order to keep the site running smoothly.
We get information from other people.
We acquire information about you from a variety of sources in addition to what you supply directly to us, such as:
- Members may contribute information about you when using our services, such as when they engage with you or submit a report about you.
- The Internet and Social Media You may choose to share information with us via your social media account, such as if you create and log into your Fleggi account using your social media or other account (e.g., Facebook, Google, or Apple), or if you upload information such as photos from one of your social media accounts onto our services (e.g., Instagram or Spotify).
- Affiliates Fleggi is a member of the Match Group of companies. The safety and security of Match Group members is a major priority. Your information may be shared with us if you were banned from another Match Group site, allowing us to take appropriate action, such as cancelling your account or prohibiting you from registering an account on our services.
- Other Collaborators Where Fleggi ads are placed on a partner’s service (in which case they may pass along details on a campaign’s success), we may obtain information about you from our partners. As part of our efforts to guarantee the safety and security of our members, we can also obtain information about suspected or convicted bad actors from third parties where legally permitted.
When you use our services, we collect information about you.
When you use our services, we collect technical information on which features you’ve used, how you’ve used them, and which devices you’ve used to access them. For more information, see the following:
Usage Information: Information about how to use Using the services generates data on your interactions with other members and how you use them (e.g., when you logged in, features you’ve been using, actions taken, the information shown to you, referring webpages address and ads that you interacted with) (e.g., members you connect and interact with, when you exchanged with them, number of messages you send and receive).
DeviceInformation: We collect information from and about the device(s) you use to access our services, including hardware and software information like IP address, device ID and type, app settings and characteristics, app crashes, advertising IDs (which are randomly generated numbers that you can reset by going into your device’ settings), identifiers associated with cookies or other technologies that may uniquely identify a device or browser), and identifiers associated with cookies or other technologies that may uniquely identify a device or browser.
Geolocation Permission: Other information with your agreement If you agree, we can collect your specific geolocation (latitude and longitude). If the authorization you provided us specifically authorizes it, we may gather your geolocation in the background even while you aren’t using the services. We will not collect your precise geolocation if you refuse to give us permission to do so. Similarly, we may gather images and videos with your permission (for instance, if you want to publish a photo or video or participate in streaming features on our services).
Cookies and Other Data-Collection Methodologies
A “Do Not Track” (“DNT”) function in some web browsers (including Safari, Internet Explorer, Firefox, and Chrome) informs websites that a user does not want his or her online activities tracked. If a DNT signal is received by a website that reacts to it, the browser can prevent that website from collecting specific information about the browser’s user. DNT isn’t available in all browsers, and DNT signals aren’t currently consistent. As a result, many companies, including Fleggi, are currently unresponsive to DNT signals.
How Do We Use Data?
We use your information primarily to provide and improve our services. We also use your information to keep you secure and to show you advertisements that may be of interest to you. Continue reading for a more in-depth description of the many reasons we use your information, as well as practical examples.
- To manage your account and offer you with our services.
- Make an account and manage it.
- Respond to your inquiries and provide you excellent customer service.
- Finish your transactions.
- We’d like to talk to you about our services.
- To assist you in making connections with other users
- I’d like to invite you to meet some of your other members.
- Members can see each other’s profiles.
- To supply you with new Fleggi services.
- Register and have your profile displayed on new Fleggi features and apps.
- Use these new features and apps to manage your account.
- Manage marketing and advertising campaigns
- Manage sweepstakes, contests, discounts, and other special offerings.
- Execute and evaluate advertising campaigns promoting our services as well as marketing campaigns promoting Fleggi outside of our services.
- We’d like to keep in touch with you about items or services that we think you’d be interested in.
- To enhance and develop our existing offerings.
- Conduct focus groups, market research, and surveys.
- Review contacts with customer service teams in order to improve our service quality.
- To improve the services, learn how members frequently use them (for instance, we may decide to change the look and feel or even substantially modify a given feature based on how members react to it)
- Create new services and features (for example, we may decide to build a new interests-based feature further to requests received from members).
- To prevent, identify, and combat fraud and other unauthorized or illegal acts.
- Find and address ongoing, suspected, or claimed violations of our Terms of Service, including by reviewing reports and member interactions.
- Improve your understanding of and response to violations of our Terms of Service.
- Retain information on violations of our Terms of Service in order to prevent recurrences.
- Enforce or exercise our legal rights, such as our Terms of Service.
- Individuals who submit a report should be informed of what we’ve done as a result of their submission.
- To ensure that the law is followed
- Observe all legal regulations
- Assist the authorities
- Please check our FAQ for more information on how we use personal data for profiling and automated decision-making.
We will provide the following services to you: We process your information for purposes A, B, and C above in order tofulfill the contract we have with you. For example, as you use our service to develop meaningful connections, we utilize your information to keep your account and profile up to date, make it visible to other members, recommend other members to you, and otherwise provide you and other members with our free and premium features.
Legitimate interests: We treat your data for the purposes D, E, and F listed above because we have a legitimate interest in doing so.For example, we analyse user behavior on our services to improve our offerings, we suggest offers we think you’ll like and promote our own services, we process information to keep our members safe, and we process data where necessary to enforce our rights, assist law enforcement, and enable us to defend ourselves in the event of a legal action.
Comply with applicable rules and regulations: We process your information for reason G above where it is essential for us to comply with applicable laws and regulations and provide evidence of our compliance. For example, we save traffic statistics and transaction data to comply with our accounting, tax, and other statutory data retention obligations, as well as to react to legitimate law enforcement inquiries. We also store data demonstrating members’ consents and decisions to opt-out of a particular feature or processing.
Information Sharing Methodologies.
Because our purpose is to assist you in making meaningful relationships, the majority of information shared by members is, of course, with other members. Rare members’ information is also shared with service providers and partners that help us operate the services, with other Match Group companies for the purposes listed below, and in some situations, with legal authorities. Continue reading to learn more about how your information is shared with others.
Together with other members
When you willingly disclose information on the service, you share it with other members (including your public profile). Please be cautious with your personal information and only share things that you are okay with others seeing.
If you choose to limit the audience for all or part of your profile, or for specific content or information about you, it will appear in accordance with your preferences.
If someone files a report about you (for example, a claim that you violated our Terms of Service), we may inform the reporter of any actions we take as a result of their report.
With the assistance of our service suppliers and partners
Third parties assist us in operating and improving our services. These third parties help us with data hosting and maintenance, analytics, customer service, marketing, advertising, payment processing, and security operations, among other things. We also share information with partners who help us advertise our services and disseminate it. For example, we may share limited information about you with advertising partners in hashed, non-human readable form.
Prior to contracting any service provider or collaborating with any partner, we go through a thorough verification procedure. Our service providers and partners must sign confidentiality agreements with us.
With the help of our partners
We share your information with affiliates for the following limited legitimate purposes:
to make all Match Group platforms safer, allowing us to address (e.g., prohibit) problematic actors detected on one platform on others; for them to support us in data processing operations as service providers, acting on our behalf and according to our directions. Technical processing operations such as data hosting and maintenance, customer service, marketing and targeted advertising, analytics, finance and accounting assistance, improving our service, securing our data and systems, and fighting spam, abuse, fraud, infringement, and other wrongdoings may all be included in their assistance.
Where and as permitted, we may share information with other Match Group companies for other legitimate business objectives such as corporate audit, analysis, and consolidated reporting.
The ability to share functionality
Using the sharing functionality, you can share other members’ profiles with individuals outside of our services, and they can share yours with people outside of our services.
For business transactions
If we are involved in a merger, sale, acquisition, divestment, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, bankruptcy, or other change of ownership or control, we may transfer your information in whole or in part.
When needed by law, with police enforcement
We may release your information if it is reasonably necessary to: I comply with a legal process, such as a court order, subpoena or search warrant, government / law enforcement investigation, or other legal requirements; (ii) assist in the prevention or detection of crime (subject to applicable law in each case); or (iii) protect the safety of any person.
To protect and enforce legal rights
We may also share information if it is necessary to: I protect our legal rights and the legal rights of our members, business partners, or other interested parties; (ii) enforce our agreements with you; and (iv) investigate, prevent, or take other action regarding illegal activity, suspected fraud, or other wrongdoing.
With your permission or upon your request
We may ask for your permission to share your information with third parties with your consent or at your request. We will make it clear why we want to disclose the information in any situation.
Under any of the aforementioned circumstances, we may use and share non-personal information (information that, by itself, does not identify you, such as device information, general demographics, general behavioral data, and geolocation in de-identified form), as well as personal information in hashed, non-human readable form. We may also share this information with other Match Group companies and third parties (including advertisers) in order to develop and deliver targeted advertising on our services and on third-party websites or applications, as well as evaluate and report on the advertising you see.
Data Transfers Across Borders
Cross-border data transfers to the United States of America and other jurisdictions that may have differing data processing rules are involved in the sharing of information outlined in Section above. We use standard contractual clauses (commitments between companies transferring personal data that bind them to protect the privacy and security of your data) or other appropriate transfer mechanisms when transferring personal information outside of the EEA, the United Kingdom, Switzerland, or other countries whose data protection laws have been deemed adequate by the European Commission or other competent governmental body. Following the recent Court of Justice for the European Union judgement, we are now examining transfers to our vendors and the corresponding legal basis.
We want you to have control over your data, so we’d like to remind you about the following options and tools:
Access and update the service’s tools: Tools and account settings can let you directly within the service access, correct, or delete information that you supplied to us and that is linked with your account. Please contact our customer service staff for assistance if you have any queries about those tools and settings.
Permissions on the device: Permission systems for certain sorts of device data and notifications, such as phone contacts, photographs, location services, push notifications, and advertising identifiers, can be implemented on mobile platforms. You can alter your device’s settings to either consent or object to the collection, processing, or display of the corresponding information or notifications. Of course, doing so may result in the loss of functionality for some services.
Uninstall: You can stop an app from collecting data by deleting it using your device’s usual uninstall method. It’s important to remember that deleting an app does not mean your account is closed. Please utilize the service’s appropriate mechanism to close your account.
Account Closure: You can close your account directly on the service by utilizing the appropriate functionality.
We’d like you to be aware of your privacy rights, as well. Here are some crucial considerations to keep in mind:
Reviewing your data again: You may have the right under applicable privacy laws to inspect the personal information we keep on you (depending on the jurisdiction, this may be called right of access, right of portability, right to know or variations of those terms).
Information up to date: Please contact us if you believe the information we have on you is inaccurate or that we no longer have the right to use it, and you wish to request its rectification, deletion, object to, or restrict its processing.
Before we can respond to the aforementioned requests, we may ask you to produce evidence of identity for your protection and the protection of all of our members.
Remember that we reserve the right to refuse requests if we are unable to verify you, if the request is unlawful or invalid, or if it may infringe on trade secrets, intellectual property, or the privacy or other rights of others. If you want to receive information on another member, such as a copy of any messages you got from them over our site, the other member must contact us and provide us their written approval before we share the information. Before we can respond, we may additionally require them to submit confirmation of identity.
Also, we may not be able to comply with certain requests to object to or restrict the processing of personal data, particularly if doing so would prevent us from providing our service to you. For example, we won’t be able to provide our service unless we have your date of birth and can verify that you are at least 18 years old.
If you have concerns about how we treat your personal information in some countries, including the European Economic Area and the United Kingdom, you have the right to file a complaint with the applicable data protection authorities.You can find information about your data protection regulator in the European Economic Area here, and in the United Kingdom here. The data protection authority you can lodge a complaint with may be that of your habitual residence, where you work or where an alleged infringement took place.
How Long Do We Keep Your Data.
We only store your personal information for as long as we require it for legitimate business purposes (as outlined in Section 5) and as long as the law allows. You can close your account and your profile will no longer be accessible to other members if you decide to stop using our services. Please note that if your account has been dormant for two years, we will immediately close it. We will destroy your personal information after your account is closed, as detailed below:
- We employ a safety retention window of three months following account termination or one year following an account ban to ensure our members’ safety and security. During this time, we will retain your information on file in case we need to investigate any illegal or harmful activities. The retention of information during this safety retention window is justified by both our legitimate interests and the reasonable interests of possible third-party victims.
- We remove your data when the safety retention window expires, and only keep restricted information for the following purposes:
- We keep limited data to comply with legal data retention obligations: we keep transaction data for ten years to comply with tax and accounting legal requirements, credit card information for as long as the user may challenge the transaction, and “traffic data” / logs for one year to comply with legal data retention obligations. We also preserve records of the consents members give us for five years to show that we are following the law.
- We keep limited information based on our legitimate interests: we keep customer care records and supporting data, as well as the approximate location of downloads/purchases, for five years to support our customer care decisions, enforce our rights, and enable us to defend ourselves in the event of a claim, and information on the existence of past accounts and subscriptions, which we delete three years after the closure of your last account to ensure proper and accurate financial information.
- Finally, when there is an ongoing or potential issue, claim, or dispute that requires us to keep information (for example, if we receive a valid legal subpoena or request asking us to preserve data (in which case we would need to keep the data to comply with our legal obligations) or if data would otherwise be necessary as part of legal proceedings), we do so on the basis of our legitimate interest.
Privacy for Children
Our services are only available to people who are at least 18 years old. Individuals under the age of 18 are not permitted to use our platform. If you suspect a member is under the age of 18, please report them via the service’s reporting procedure.
Contractors, Vendor Representatives, and Job Candidates
If you are a job applicant, the personal information we process about you will vary depending on the job you are seeking, but it will typically include what you provide as part of your job application, as well as professional qualifications, background, and reference information that recruiters or other third parties share with us. We utilize this data to help with the recruitment process, which could lead to a job offer. We may process identification information and work-related information about contractors and vendor representatives as needed to manage our relationship with you and your employer, which is required for the performance of the services agreement, and to establish, exercise, or defend potential legal claims.Personal information may be shared with service partners who help us with recruitment and technical data processing, as well as Match Group companies (for instance if you have a business relationship with employees of an affiliate). We only preserve your personal information for as long as it is required for the purposes for which it was collected.
Changes to the Privacy Policies
This policy may vary over time since we’re continuously exploring for new and inventive methods to help you make meaningful connections and seek to keep explanations about our data practices up to date. Before any substantial changes take effect, we will tell you so that you have opportunity to review them.
© 2022 Fleggi. All rights reserved.
Do you wish to get into a relationship? Everything is now evident. Are you on the lookout for new acquaintances? It's time to put the phone down. Are you a first-year student who wants to make the most of your time on campus? Fleggi has you covered. Fleggi isn't your normal dating app; it's one of the most diverse, welcoming people from all walks of life to form connections over everything from relationships to memories to everything in between.